dlukefinch

New forum features coming soon

We use the awesome Invision Community software and they have been working hard to bring modern and more helpful features to the forum suite. I wanted to share some feature that I find really exciting. 

1. Post Before Registering

It is already easy for guests to sign up using external services such as Facebook, Twitter and Google. However, there has to be a conscious decision to click that sign-up button. This may be a barrier for too many. Soon this so called barrier will be reduced by allowing guests to create a post to a topic they want to engage with BEFORE signing up. However if you don't sign up within a certain amount of time your comment may be deleted. We'll have to see how the software handles that when it comes out. Infact I am already in touch with Invision support team about this and many more features. 

2. Animated GIFs

C'mon, everybody loves a GIF. 

and many more features to come I suspect. As a team we believe this update will help with engagement on the forum. I'll post more updates here when I find out more. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• It's been a while now but here's all the winter forecasts I have read/think are worthy of reading...  Our very own/first ever seasonal forecast https://metcast.net/news/winter-2018-19-forecast/  Gavs Weather Vids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0cIpgxWRfw The Snow Dreamer aka London and Southeast https://t.co/qw3ZuNf7AT  Are there any that I have missed that you think is a decent read?
    • Does anybody else buy a TV Guide and mark everything they want to watch? I have the TV Guide on my iPhone now but I still like doing it the traditional way. Below is the 2018 cover... 
    • Are you dreaming of a White Christmas or just for the iPhone XS Max? Well, if you're anything like me neither is going to happen 😆  Do you have any traditions (family or otherwise!?) personally I always like to go to the St Peters Brighton Carol Service on Christmas Eve. In fact I like to go to as many events on the lead up to Christmas--I play at some concerts/carol services too.  As for the weather during the Christmas period we'll be looking at that from Saturday (1st December). What are your thoughts/hopes?  
    • Well, model output certainty hasn't been boring for the last few weeks. 12z is currently running and it's snowing the possibility of some snow showers in the east and south east (although I suspect this won't amount to much--famous last words!).  Share your thoughts and opinons on the model output below... 
    • New snow advisory. There will also be an observational map which will be issued for informational purposes only and will be published after any decision making at Metcast/Snow Watch when an advisory is not considered suitable.