Mark

1971 Paper on the effects of increasing CO2 on our atmosphere

Well I'll get the ball rolling here I guess?!

Firstly, I very much enjoy discussion on this subject, particularly when comments are backed up by verifiable data. A common issue is opinions are quite polarised yet opinions are not of substance within science.

I understand that people are very concerned for our planet and completely respect that. However, I also respect facts, research and discussion. These are very important to aid understanding and fundamental to science.

As is a null hypothesis.

Personally, I've spent many hours reading, exploring avenues, learning physics/oceanography/meteorology etc. Does this make me a qualified scientist, no. Does this qualify me to discuss this subject, maybe. Certainly I know enough to see uncertainties where perhaps there should be none.

So yeah, I'm not certain. However I started my inquiries from gut instinct after finding out one fact, and I am certain it's more uncertain then "climate change" is made out to be.

The next few years may well be a vast experiment played out before us, what would your null hypothesis be??

Regarding the paper, this is way more recent then the ideas proposed by the chap who came up with the premise of co2 and it's interaction with IR.

Just sayin.....

Screenshot_20180822-190903_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

• Yes i did Mark, sorry for not responding i honestly thought I mate. 
    • Did you ever get this @Brent? Hoping people get notifications when we respond... 🤔
    • Could euro4 be right? Let's start the #uksnow debate... 👀
    • We'll be conducting updates to our Snow Watch advisory over the next few weeks. We'll post them here once ready and we'd appreciate if you can provide feedback as to how helpful you may find these updates.  Here's a sneak peak at what we'll be adding in the next week... 
    • Hi @Brent, so sorry nobody got back to you sooner.  I guess it would be appropriate to talk about Monday into Tuesday now. Early hours of Tuesday look to be your best chance, as the main rain band passes. Otherwise showers could catch you which maybe wintry. You probably have the best chance than most but showers and even within the main front will be hit and miss.  An easterly air flow would be most peoples best bet.