Mark Clifford

The Daily Express' Endless Nonsense

It's like clock work now. Every year the Daily Express comes out with Indian summer drivel, Outrageous Winter Headlines and so on. Surely something should be done, a campaign for fake weather news... something...  I'm all for media freedom but when it comes to scaremongering and blatant disregard for vulnerable people something needs to happen. 

Share your thoughts, laugh at the utter nonsense and marvel at the ineptitude of these so called journalists. 

IMG.png

• Like 1

I'm not sure any action would do anything personally. I am all for laughing at them though. THREE MONTHS? I know you're not ruling out an Indian Summer but for three months? The long range forecast is there for guidance not to be splashed around the front-page of national newspapers.

This is probably the face of Nathan Rao when an article goes live 🤑 

Yes, utter plonkers but it's not just the Express that is doing it. Plenty of other outlets have latched on to the bandwagon. 

5 minutes ago, hernebayphotos said:

The Express is now talking about El Nino now.

God help us. Whenever they post stuff like this the author always makes it seem very extraordinary and makes it seem like it's never happened before. I mean, an El Nino has not been confirmed yet and they are posting stuff like that. Jeez. 

I cannot bring myself to visit the site and screenshot the article.

• Like 1

The Mail is just as bad. 

Unfortunately as we're a weather obsessed nation, extreme weather headlines sell papers.

I'm on a couple of US/international weather/climate sites, forever having to remind foreigners NOT to take these publications seriously!

• Like 1

It's all about MONEY.

They don't want it to be informative. It just needs a scary title and a picture like this.

To grab people's attention and make them want to CLICK.

image.png.31b72eedf7fbe7942751e5f48557bbce.png