Mark Clifford

Introduce Yourself

We've just launched this forum so this is a space to introduce yourself. 

What's your favourite kind of weather? 

What is your least favourite kind of weather? 

Are you an Model Watcher? 

Interests/part or full time job 

What's your likes and dislikes? How do you want this forum to move forward? etc ?

• Like 1

Hello, I'm Dan. 

I'm part of the web development team at Metcast HQ here in sunny Brighton. Well, it's not been so sunny of late... 

I'm learning more and more about weather (and forecasting in the UK) more and more every day but you wouldn't want me posting weather updates. 

• Like 1

I'm Joel as you can probably tell from my display name... 

I live in Shoreham (Yes, I'm a Southern!). Never signed up to a forum in my life but this one is pretty quiet... guess it has just launched... 

• Like 1

I'm Jamie. 

I live on the North Coast of Kent in Herne Bay.

My favourite kind of weather is probably thunderstorms or thundersnow.

My least kind of weather is a very muggy, sweaty hot day with no wind or breeze.

I watch models frequently and sometimes forecast on Twitter.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hernebayphotos said:

My favourite kind of weather is probably thunderstorms or thundersnow.

Anything with "thunder" in it then? 😂 Look like you're doing well in the Leaderboard. Keep it up, Jamie! 

• Like 1

Hi, my name is Seán though I prefer my stage name, Sryan. I am a huge weather nerd with a particular obsession in the areas of weather history and long range forecasting. I love weather history because of the extremes, fascination of stats such as coincidences or quirks and the fact that it evokes memories. I love long range forecasting because it is challenging and is very random number generation (RNG) based i.e. it requires a lot of luck. I also get to look at the past when doing long range forecasting which is a bonus because I love weather history too.

My favourite kind of weather is a scene like the one below taken at Tinahely, Co. Wicklow in Ireland on November 27th 2010. This weather is blue skies shining against snow cover everywhere to be seen. This is perfection to me.

Tinahely, Co. Wicklow on November 27th (2) (Boards.ie user donothoponpop).JPG

My least favourite kind of weather is cool and wet but the rain is light to moderate than heavy. I like heavy rainfall but light to moderate rain is boring and combined with cool feel to the weather is just awful. A runner up would be cool and dull with no rain, you know those dark, gloomy cool days with nothing going on.

Yes, I've been a model watcher since 2014 but really only became "good" 😂 since 2017. 

My interests include weather, weather history, music, gaming and education. I used to be obsessed with music but slowly lost motivation as I broke up with my equally obsessed music friend and received severe writer's block. My main interest was in songwriting especially lyrics but I also loved to sing though I was absolutely terrible at it. Gaming I like to do once in a while. I did it more frequently earlier this year back to last Summer but now as my focus is on weather a lot of the time, my time on gaming has dropped. I taught students and helped students back in 2014 to 2017 with educational matters such as extra help, notes, exam papers, exercises, homework etc. I got a sense of proud in me when I helped them as helping them helps me with my motivation rising. However, I lost interest for now on doing so and like gaming, my focus has turned to mainly weather. Although if I have the time, I will return to these interests if possible.

I would like to make this forum a good place to discuss all matters on the weather and form a friendly community. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Clifford said:

Anything with "thunder" in it then? 😂 Look like you're doing well in the Leaderboard. Keep it up, Jamie! 

Well yeah. I guess. 

Also I have no idea how I'm on the leaderboard. 🤣

It's based on reactions, both given and received. We'll probably tweak it a little and introduce more variables over time so it won't be quite so easy to gain popularity.

IMG 1.png

On 25/04/2018 at 23:06, Mark Clifford said:

We've just launched this forum so this is a space to introduce yourself. 

What's your favourite kind of weather? 

What is your least favourite kind of weather? 

Are you an Model Watcher? 

Interests/part or full time job 

What's your likes and dislikes? How do you want this forum to move forward? etc ?

Hi my name is Kush Patel and my twitter is @XtremeUKWeather

My favourite kind of weather is cold and snowy if that makes sense

obviously and im sure some agree with me that warm sunny weather is a YUCK for me

Yes i watch models daily and do daily posts on them

only age of 15 no job yet but sitting GCSE'S next year

This forum is great for longer discussions later into autumn and its much better than twitter TBH

5 hours ago, Mark Clifford said:

It's based on reactions, both given and received. We'll probably tweak it a little and introduce more variables over time so it won't be quite so easy to gain popularity.

IMG 1.png

Yeah, it is kind of stupid how quick it takes.

41 minutes ago, KushPatel said:

obviously and im sure some agree with me that warm sunny weather is a YUCK for me

This forum is great for longer discussions later into autumn and its much better than twitter TBH

Hello @KushPatel 👋🏼 I'm glad you like the forum. We have many plans for improvements! 

48 minutes ago, KushPatel said:

Nice to meet you and I've been following your Twitter for a while.