In addition to our Standard Terms for using the website and community which cover the nuts and bolts such as spamming, abusive behaviour, copyright and so on. Please read these additional guidelines which we think we help you enjoy the community in the same way many other members do.
Please bear in mind that the team reserve the right to remove or edit your posts and can restrict your account should you break any of the terms linked to above, or step outside of the guidelines below. We're here to help you and others enjoy your time on here, so please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Metcast Community Guidelines
1. Be Nice! Everyone is welcome to express an opinion, ask a question or share a view so please respect that and treat everyone in the way you'd like to be treated.
2. Don't disrupt the discussions - posting really off topic, trolling (posting to get a reaction or wind up), being overly defensive of your position or just making anti-social disruptive posts isn't on and isn't what the community is about.
3. Trolls & Troll Hunters - While communities such as Metcast are great places for people to get together and discuss the topics that interest them. Unfortunately, some people will use this as an opportunity to deliberately disrupt the community - aka Trolls. Trolling is obviously not acceptable, but equally, troll-hunting isn't the way forward either. By this, we mean calling people out as trolls within the public discussion, as it further disrupts, and can be hurtful, and unfair to those who are wrongly accused. So please don't do this - if you have a concern that someone is deliberately disrupting the forums, please report their posts, their profile or message a member of the team. We'll then look into it as soon as possible.
4. Remember this is a public forum - people from all walks of life are welcome here so please be considerate of the discussions, the topics they're covering and the people who are taking part in them.
5. Swearing - Please don't swear, or attempt to get around the swear filter on the forums.
6. Advertising / Spamming - Posts specifically created to advertise other websites, products for sale, services or anything else are not permitted without prior permission. Please contact the team if you wish to advertise something, so they can talk you through the options.
7. Illegal content - Please do not post anything illegal to the forums.
8. Use the team! If you're finding some posts annoying, think someone could be out to cause trouble, think a post doesn't belong in a discussion as it's off topic or anything else, please let the team take the slack. Just hit the report button and we'll check it as soon as possible, please don't respond to it or finger point as that can escalate any potential issue.
9. Enjoy your time on here - with so many interesting topics and loads of great members the Metcast community is an enjoyable place to spend time on. Sometimes discussions can get heated, though, so if you're feeling the heat and getting more annoyed than anything else, it's worth taking a break and coming back later.
We hope this helps you get the most out of the community - we're here to help if you need us and are always keen to hear feedback or ideas. Use the appropriate forums if you'd like to leave public feedback or contact us via our contact form for complaints or private feedback and ideas.
Account in good standing definition
You may see that parts of the community are limited to members who's accounts are in 'good standing', which applies to the vast majority of members accounts. For your account to not be considered as being in good standing, you will have had a warning during the past six months, or a posting block/suspension during the last 12 months.
Right To Appeal Any Warnings (Blocks or suspension)
You have the right to appeal any warnings you might be given. To do this, you must use our contact us form and select "Appeal Forum Warning" and state your case. It'll be reviewed and our team will get back to you within 7-14 days.